The Bay Area’s Largest Gaming and Entertainment Destination Brings New Level of Offerings to Sonoma County
ROHNERT PARK, Calif. (Sept. 19, 2013) – Graton Resort & Casino, the largest gaming and entertainment destination in the Bay Area, has officially announced its much-anticipated opening date. On Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 10:00 a.m., Graton Resort & Casino will begin welcoming visitors from across the Bay Area and beyond to its 320,000-square-foot property off U.S. Highway 101 in Rohnert Park, Calif.
Designed with a sense of casual, contemporary California elegance with stacked, natural stone columns and lushly landscaped exteriors, the Graton casino opening will soon bring an exciting new entertainment option to Northern California.
- EXCITING GAMING: The casino will feature 144 gaming tables offering Blackjack, Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three Card Poker and Ultimate Texas Hold ‘em. The gaming floor will also feature 3,000 slot and video poker machines. Thousands of Bay Area residents have already signed up for the Graton Rewards loyalty card program which will reward players with numerous benefits and perks.
- FANTASTIC FOOD: More than a dozen new restaurants featuring a hand-picked selection of award-winning chefs the likes of Martin Yan, Doug Keane and 11 time-world pizza champion Tony Gemignani, will offer patrons an extraordinary range of cuisines. The casino’s four standalone, full-service restaurants complement the Marketplace, a 500-seat venue where nine casual dining choices can be enjoyed.
- ENGERGETIC LOUNGES: Joining friends for drinks will become a pleasure with the choice of inventive, well-curated wine lists, craft beers and artisan cocktails at bars, restaurants and lounges throughout the casino.
- PUBLIC GATHERINGS: The 8,700 square-foot events center can seat more than 600 for concerts, large indoor presentations, business meetings and special events.
To bring the property to life, Graton Resort & Casino set out to hire more than 2,000 permanent team members. Since breaking ground in June 2012, the property has brought significant new local employment opportunities and economic development to Sonoma County and the Greater Bay Area.
Employment and Economic Development by the Numbers
- 805 permanent team members have already been hired
- 700 new local construction jobs were brought to the region since groundbreaking in June 2012
- 900 trained graduates of Graton’s free Dealer School program; of which 300 have already been hired, as will hundreds more in the very near future, to fill the resort’s gaming positions
- More than 1,500 California-based companies, representing millions of additional dollars being poured into the local economy, have been utilized to provide goods and services to the Casino
Graton Resort & Casino also will contribute millions of dollars to the city of Rohnert Park and Sonoma County through a long-term compact with the State of California.
About Graton Resort & Casino
The $800 million Graton Resort & Casino, located off U.S. Highway 101 in Rohnert Park, Calif. is owned by the Federated Indians of Graton Rancheria (the “Tribe”). The 320,000-square-foot facility features a full array of gaming, including table games, poker, slot machines and video poker, as well as numerous dining, bar and lounge venues. It was developed and will be managed on behalf of the Tribe by Station Casinos, a Las Vegas-based gaming and hospitality firm that owns and operates numerous hotels, casinos and restaurants throughout Nevada. For more information about Graton Resort & Casino, visit www.GratonResortCasino.com.
Have a great day!